Friday, April 07, 2006

Alas, more Federline news

Mr. Britney Sp . . . . uh, I mean Kevin Federline is in trouble for illegally sampling the well-known 8o's song She Blinded Me With Science. By accident. Seriously.

Thomas Dolby is none too happy about it. According to MTV news:


". . . I certainly never issued a license to Kevin Federline. . . I considered turning a blind eye to it other than, as I mentioned on my site, asking him politely to take it down," Dolby said. "But I found out today that it aired on VH1 last week. So it's more than just an MP3 download. It's airing on TV, and there's no question it's taken from the Mobb Deep record. It's like what Vanilla Ice did with 'Ice Ice Baby' [illegally sampling Queen and David Bowie's 'Under Pressure'], although I think Vanilla Ice is a superstar compared to this guy."

Great, after ridiculing Justin about it, now I'm blogging repeatedly about this doofus, who apparently doesn't know anything about music. Maybe he should have taken the song knowledge test.

4 comments:

Dara said...

This was a pretty hard test.
You are 73% Music Master!
Congratulations, you made it! Your percantage shows your level of Music Mastery. Well, at least as far as these questions go! Regardless of your score, hopefully you had a good time with it. Maybe you found some music you've never heard, or haven't heard in a long time. Either way, it's my opinion that getting exposed to new music is always a good thing! If you liked the test, please feel free to give it a good score. If you want to talk music right on, send a message! Peace

Justin S. said...

63%

DSL said...

This test is just a little bit biased towards certain kinds of music.

Dara said...

I know. Damn oldies!