Thursday, February 19, 2009

40 Questions

Here are the rules: post this list replacing my answers with yours. Tag a few folks to do the same thing. Or don't.

If I tagged YOU, it's because I want to know more about YOU!

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Only in Hebrew. And I am one of those rare individuals whose Hebrew name has absolutely nothing to do with her English name.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
In the middle of the orange line delay this morning. Then I started swearing.

Seriously, I know with certainty that I cried on February 7, when I posted about the notebook I wrote when my mom died.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Super-rare roast beef.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
No, but I'll have a nephew in about 7 weeks.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes, because I am awesome -- super awesome. And cute too! And modest, very very modest.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
I'm stealing from Brenda here: "If 'use' is another way to say 'way of life,' then yes."

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No, but I'll go whitewater rafting anytime anyone wants.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Either Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch or Special K, depending on whether I'm being Good Dara or Bad Dara.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
I am rarely wearing shoes with laces -- generally only to the gym or when I put on the Converse on a weekend. But I don't recall that I do, or that I tie them when I put them back on either. I think I only tie them when they happen to come untied.

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, Jamoca Almond Fudge, or Green Tea.

13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Whether they can keep up. ('Cause the things in my head move at the speed of light, people.)

And if they're a woman, I'll notice if they are wearing cute shoes.

14. RED OR PINK?
Neither -- Black. But I do have a red sweater from Banana Republic that I love.

15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
The last bit of weight that I would like to lose. Well, that and the fact that I still care what people think about me WAY too much.

16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My mother. Every. Single. Day.

17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
Sure. I like learning my friends' deep dark secrets.

18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Black pants (Gap). Black patent leather shoes (Cole Haan).

19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The sound of the space heater cranked up to 75.

20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Green-blue or Blue-green, I forget which one I like best. No, I take it back: Black.

21. FAVORITE SMELLS?
The ocean. Fresh bread. Jasmine.

22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Voicemail -- all I do lately is email and text. Need to call my dad back, though.

Oh wait, I did talk to someone yesterday. ;)

23. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Yup.

24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Football. Baseball. Hockey. College Basketball.

25. HAIR COLOR?
Brown.

26. EYE COLOR?
Green-blue or blue-green.

27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Some days, just not today.

28. FAVORITE FOOD?
Anything sweet.

29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings.

30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
In the theater? Milk. On DVD? The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

31. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer.

32. HUGS OR KISSES?
Depends on the day. Today? Hugs.

33. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
I have no idea. I don't know if I'm even going to tag anyone.

34. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
See above.

35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
All the King's Men, by Robert Penn Warren. Yay bookclub!

36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Dust. Oh, and a mouse.

37. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Lost, although it was technically this morning.

38. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles, in a close race. Photo finish.

39. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Israel.

40. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Manhattan.


No comments: