Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Random Commuting Thoughts (a likely series)


Now that I'm commuting again, I am listening to the radio a lot more -- mostly the 80's station. Today, the song "Your Love" by The Outfield came on. I really like the song, but when I listened to the lyrics, they are very cringey. Here is my analysis:

"Josie is on a vacation far away." Wait, what? Your girlfriend is out of town?

"You know I like my girls a little bit older." Cringe.

"I just want to use your love tonight." Double cringe.

"I don't want to lose your love tonight." Ick.

"Stay the night but kep it under cover." Meaning don't tell anyone. Double ick.

"As you're leaving please would you close the door?" Now get out.

So basically, he cheats on his girlfriend with a younger friend, keeps telling her that it is not serious, but wants her to still love him anyway. Hard pass.

No comments: