Monday, December 06, 2010

Scott Baio is my new Twitter BFF!

On Saturday, I attended our annual Christmanukkah party/gag gift exchange.  I wound up getting a Scott Baio poster and a fart machine.


Of course, I took to Twitter to comment on my good fortune. But then a funny thing happened.  Scott Baio responded to my tweet.  For realz, yo:


Now, you should also know that I grew up watching very little television -- until we moved to Florida when I was almost thirteen, all the television I ever watched was:
  1. Saturday morning cartoons;
  2. Shows on Friday or Saturday nights when we had a babysitter;
  3. Growing Pains (because my mom thought Kirk Cameron looked like my brother);
  4. Nickelodeon;
  5. General Hospital;
  6. reruns of The Brady Bunch and Gilligan's Island when I was home sick;
  7. various game shows, also when I was home sick;
  8. Romper Room, Sesame Street, and the Electric Company; and
  9. whatever I was able to watch at my friends' houses. 
I was forbidden from MTV, and a whole lot of other stuff.  So, while I know about shows like "Joanie loves Chachi" and "Charles in Charge," I can honestly say that I might not have ever seen an entire episode of either.  Pretty much all of my pop culture comes from books and movies.

So, of all the 80's teen heartthrobs in the world (query:  is Scott Baio an 80's heartthrob?  Do I even have the years right?  Did I miss it because I am too young?), Scott Baio was not even on my radar.

I do, however, think it's pretty great that he responds to stuff on Twitter.  It was funny and awesome and totally made my day.

No comments: