Of course, I took to Twitter to comment on my good fortune. But then a funny thing happened. Scott Baio responded to my tweet. For realz, yo:
Now, you should also know that I grew up watching very little television -- until we moved to Florida when I was almost thirteen, all the television I ever watched was:
- Saturday morning cartoons;
- Shows on Friday or Saturday nights when we had a babysitter;
- Growing Pains (because my mom thought Kirk Cameron looked like my brother);
- General Hospital;
- reruns of The Brady Bunch and Gilligan's Island when I was home sick;
- various game shows, also when I was home sick;
- Romper Room, Sesame Street, and the Electric Company; and
- whatever I was able to watch at my friends' houses.
So, of all the 80's teen heartthrobs in the world (query: is Scott Baio an 80's heartthrob? Do I even have the years right? Did I miss it because I am too young?), Scott Baio was not even on my radar.
I do, however, think it's pretty great that he responds to stuff on Twitter. It was funny and awesome and totally made my day.