Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Punk Rock Babies

So, the other day, on Metro, I saw a baby in little mini Chuck Taylors (navy blue hi-tops). Of course, this was right after I read the Washington Post article on the history of Converse. Then and there, I decided that if I ever have a kid, she's going to have black ones, because she's going to be a total punk rock baby.

So, when I was talking to my dad about my running shoes, the conversation somehow went to the awesome baby Converse, and then I noted that if I have a kid, not only will I get her these shoes, maybe she'll even have a mohawk.

My dad said, "You had a mohawk."

Now everything makes sense.


1 comment:

Miss Scarlet said...

Haha that sounds super cute. When I lived in Richmond and went to a lot of shows, this one girl would bring her little kid and he was always dressed so cutely. (And she put little earphones on him to protect his hearing!)