Friday, October 22, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 30

Day 30: The last day. And I'm supposed to be writing a letter to myself telling myself everything I love about myself.

Me, me, me. Here goes:


Dear Dara,

You somehow managed to blog your way through this exercise. You wrote for 30 consecutive days. You never did that before. You continually surprise me.

Everyone always says how smart you are. But you are so much more than that. You can be kind. You can be generous. You can be compassionate. And you can be hell-on-wheels. Even you don't know which one is coming.

You are either crispy on the outside with a gooey marshmallow center, or a gooey marshmallow exterior with a core of solid steel. No one knows for sure. It's great that you cry when you read newspaper stories about injured and dying children. Or that you laugh at sad news stories when people's names are funny. People will think you're a softie or a jerk. Keep 'em guessing.

You have a standing policy of always rooting for the underdog. You sometimes think of yourself as the patron saint of lost causes. Except without the saint part.

You are a hard worker, except when you are procrastinating. You are precise and well-prepared and very rarely surprised by any unforeseen contingencies. You are a good writer. Even your assistant chief said so. On a post-it. Keep that post-it as a reminder and rub it in his face the next time he wants to make a change to something.

You are even occasionally funny and cute. But don't push your luck.

Love,
Me




Yesterday: Day 29 → Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like a woman worth knowing. Nicely written.

a-

Anonymous said...

great post and congrats on getting through all 30 days. This was a tough one.

People think I am cold..and mostly they're right, but I root for the underdog too. I cry for people struggling.

dara said...

Thank you a and girlvaughn. I was dreading this one, but it turned out to be one of my favorites.