Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Long day

I left my apartment at 8:30 a.m. to go to Newark, NJ for a hearing. I just got back to my apartment 10 minutes ago.

I am very tired. And my feet hurt from walking from the train station to the courthouse, through construction debris. And my hand hurts from dragging the brief bag all that way. But I'll get over it. Over all it was a pretty good, albeit long, day.

But something totally random happened: Two other firms sent associates to watch our hearing, and I sort-of knew one of them from law school. Well, he knew me and knew that I had gone to the same law school as him (I graduated a semester earlier). I recognized his name when he told me, but only because someone I used to work with had asked me if I knew him. Weird, right?



2 comments:

anne said...

You win. I was only gone from 7:30 to 7:30 and drove 270 miles. Did you know that life as a lawyer meant any of this?

dara said...

Like I said, it wound up being a pretty good day, all things considered. But no, when I was 19 and thinking about applying to law school, I had no idea that the hours would be like this.

Of course, that was back when I thought that Melrose Place and 90210 were representative of real life.