Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!

It's New Year's Eve. To celebrate, a lot of people like to focus on the year that was, with things like "Best Of" lists. Like CNN's Word of the Year. Or even better, Rolling Stone's list of the 10 Best Movies Of the Year, which left off my favorite: Stranger Than Fiction. (Also check out their list of the 25 Best DVD's of the Year.)

I will do no such thing. Instead, my celebration will consist of drinking some bubbly and thinking about how awesome 2007 is going to be. (My recommendation for an inexpensive sparkling wine, which was introduced to me by a wine critic at a wine tasting class: Cristalino rose.)

Cheers!


6 comments:

Justin S. said...

Stranger than Fiction probably wouldn't be on my top ten either, and I'm sure I didn't see nearly as many films as the Rolling Stone film critics. Having said that, they left off my favorite... Thank You For Smoking.

dara said...

That was probably my second-favorite movie of the year.

Evil Spock said...

Happy New Year dara! You're probably not going to like my New Years Day blog . . .

Malnurtured Snay said...

I liked "Thank You For Smoking" ... up to the point I read the book, which is vastly superior. My favorite movie of the year was "Snakes on a Plane." Happy New Year!

The White's said...

How things change with a kid. Until the holidays, I had seen absolutely ZERO movies made in 2006. Unfortunately, the only one I have now seen was Talladega Nights (it had its moments, but thought it was pretty horrible over all). So, I cannot comment on movies in 2006. Thankfully, the history channel and sports filled in the entertainment gap.

Happy New Year.

DSL said...

What about Blood Diamond? I haven't seen it, but it got some very good reviews. I wonder why Rolling Stone doesn't mention it at all. Not that I'm a big fan of Rolling Stone but I figure they know their music.