Wednesday, April 19, 2006

People who hate the government, soon to be running amok

According to CNN, the Branch Davidians arrested as a result of the 1993 standoff in Waco, Texas are on the verge of getting out of prison:

The six men went to federal prison for manslaughter, weapons offenses or both in connection with the shootout, which left four federal agents and six Davidians dead. Once the men are out, they will be on supervised release for three to five years. Among other things, they will be barred from associating with one another.
***
One of the six, Paul Gordon Fatta, said he remains angry about the government's actions.
***
"I'm proud of my friends, and it was a privilege for me to have gone there to study the Bible, regardless of what the world thinks," Fatta said. "If I had it to do all over again, I would do the same thing."

No comments: