Sunday, October 22, 2006

A day at the fair

Here's a little photo essay from my trip to the always amusing Maryland Renaissance Festival:

It was a beautiful day in the historically-accurate 16th Century English village.
Complete with baby strollers and $4.00 beers.

Despite rumors to the contrary, the technology back then was quite advanced.
And the cell phone really coordinated with this woman's carefully-selected wench ensemble.

Clearly, empanadas and chili were the cuisine of choice in 16th Century England. Mmmmm, delightful!


Ryane said...

HAha! dara, those are hilarious photos. Some of my other favorite "authentic, 16th Century" additions are: Harry Potter (he is almost ALWAYS at the RenFest and Nestle Toll-House cookies...

Dara said...

Ryane: One of the funniest things was that when I went to pay for my admission ticket with AmEx, they actually referred to it as "New World Express."

I should have taken a picture of that!

bozette said...

Happy click and comment Monday.

Andy said...

You know I read your blog now. I don't know how to log in as a blogger though and post to PH4H. I'm so lost. Anyway, sorry I couldn't make that trip. I love the Ren. Fest. You should have taken a picture of the drumsticks