Thursday, July 19, 2007

Inconceivable!

I remember that my mom took me and the siblings to see The Princess Bride in the theater. It's hard to believe that it was twenty years ago.



It's still one of my favorite movies.

Since then, I've always had a soft spot for Wesley Cary Elwes. Alas, he hasn't aged well. (Not as bad as Val Kilmer, though. Yikes!)



Actually, most of the cast hasn't aged all that well. With, of course, the exception of Fred Savage, who surprisingly turned into a normal-looking grown up.

Anyway, on a related note, here's a Princess Bride quiz. I am:

Buttercup

Which Princess Bride Character are You?




8 comments:

tingb said...

I. Love. This. Movie. But I'm slightly alarmed that it was 20 years ago.

I'm Vizzini. Inconceivable!

Anonymous said...

Bo: I got Vizzini as well - considering I wrote a song for him to sing years ago when we were trying to put together a Princess Bride musical . .. . oh man, what a geek I was (and maybe am still a bit)!

Seriously, it may my favorite movie to watch to this day. I mean, Peter Cook in his clergy greatness, considered the greatest English comedian post-WW II, is in and of itself one of the great bits in movie history IMO.

Anybody wanna peanut?

dara said...

tingb: I was originally just alarmed that the movie was 20 years ago; now I'm alarmed that I was eleven 20 years ago. Seems like yesterday . . .

Bo: I remember bonding with you over the movie back in school, 7.5 years ago. And yes, you were (are) a geek. But in a good way. :)

And, for the record, I think a Princess Bride musical would rock. I hear it's in the works, as is a Spider-Man musical written by Bono.

And finally, a query: don't you have a blogger username?

Justin S. said...

I think Mandy Patinkin aged just fine....

As for Val Kilmer, now we know what Jim Morrison would have looked like if he didn't die young.

dara said...

Justin: While I find Patinkin to be looking wrinkly and old lately, he's not the worst of them.

Val Kilmer makes me sad. My college roommate was in love with him, Chipper Jones, and -- since he was there at the time -- Doug Mientkiewicz. That was eons ago.

Anonymous said...

Miracle Max?!?! I'm freaking Miracle Max? Crusty old dude. Gip.....

E :) said...

I'm Valerie, apparently.

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, now prepare to DIE!"

Miss Scarlet said...

20 years!? That's insane. I mean, inconceivable.