Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ba-dum-chhh

I left work early this afternoon to drive my sister to the airport. After I dropped her off, I drove back to work.

Sadly, her flight just took off 5 minutes ago. But at least we got to send somewhat amusing texts back and forth the entire time. Here's the best one:

Sister (9:13 pm): I'm still here. Maintenance issues on the plane. They don't expect us to take off until at least 9:30.
Me: I'm so sorry. Would it make you feel better to hear that I just got home from work and was stuck behind a marching band on the way?
Sister: Depending on what they were playing.


At least she kept her sense of humor about it.



5 comments:

DSL said...

Is it Talk Like a Pirate day?

dara said...

It's September 19th. Arrrh, mateys! http://talklikeapirate.com

honeykbee said...

I hope the marching band AND the stewardesses were participating in Talk Like A Pirate Day. That definitely could have eased the pain of both situations.

mad said...

Um, maybe this is an obvious question, but what was a marching band doing out on the streets at 9:30 at night?

dara said...

hkb: It was yesterday, so probably not.

mad: Practicing.