Thursday, September 13, 2007

Five Guys, the cure for all ills

I've been feeling kind of sick all week. Kind of headachy, really fatigued -- more than usual -- and dizzy when I stood up. First I thought it was a prolonged hangover from this weekend, but it kept on lasting. Then I thought I was dehydrated, but I've been drinking enough water -- at least 64 ounces each day. So then, after talking to my mom (who's diabetic), I thought my blood sugar must be too low. So last night, after services, I ate a really big meal, and went to sleep kind of early.

When I woke up this morning, I felt worse than ever. I could hardly drive to synagogue.

In the middle of services, I realized what it was: my iron was low. I thought about it, and I couldn't remember the last time I had red meat -- it had to be over a month ago. And I'm covered in bruises -- my elbows, my knees, even one giant one on my upper arm. So, when I left services, I headed straight to Five Guys and bought myself a burger. Mmmm, burger.

I'm feeling better already. Maybe I'll have steak this weekend.


2 comments:

anne said...

I love the juxtaposition of services followed by a hamburger

dara said...

And then sushi and karaoke. I live a charmed life.