Monday, September 03, 2007

The Bowden Bowl

Florida State plays Clemson in less than two hours, and I can already feel my heart pounding in my chest as if the game is tied with seconds left in the fourth quarter and FSU is attempting to win by kicking a field goal.

I don't know why I'm so nervous. I mean, it's Clemson, for crying out loud. They're not even ranked this year. It's nothing like last year when my 'Noles started the year against Miami and I had to turn off the tv and have a friend call me to tell me that it was okay to turn the game back on.

Still, I take the whole thing so damn seriously. Too damn seriously. I think this is why people drink when watching football.

I agree with Bobby Bowden: The Bowden Bowl is just not fun anymore. Plus, if Florida State loses, my whole fall is going to be shot, and it hasn't even started yet.


4 comments:

anne said...

Ooooh just reading this now. Sorry about last night

Justin S. said...

Just reading this on Monday morning... I'd feel sorry except that college football is a joke in the first place. And Florida is the defending champs.

Regardless, I don't find this very surprising. Florida State could roll out a bunch of PH4H blog contributors and still be ranked at the beginning of the season.

Justin S. said...

Oh... and at least you're not a Michigan fan like Steve.

CBK said...

I thought you were a Gator fan. Are you allowed to root for both?

Bobby needs to retire.