Friday, September 28, 2007

Just because the actors are hot doesn't mean that the show is good

I am so disappointed. I thought that if you mixed the very hot Michael Vartan with Dylan McDermott, and threw in some Joshua Malina (from one of my favorite shows ever), it would create instant awesome.

Sadly, the show sucked. It might have been the worst thing ever. Well, no -- clearly that's an overstatement. Besides, I can imagine worse.

And ABC, what's with you and the tranny hookers in your 10pm shows? Hmmm? Something you want to talk about?


8 comments:

mad said...

You've got something against tranny hookers?

dara said...

It was two nights in a row, which in my book, makes it an overused plot device.

CBK said...

As Billy Baldwin made abundantly clear in Dirty Sexy Money, she's not a hoooker! ;-)

I wasn't going anywhere near Big Shots, but gave DSM a chance. I thought it was silly and thin, for the most part, but I got a bit intrigued at the end seeeing where it was going to go. I'll give it another shot this week.

dara said...

Dirty Sexy Money was, by far, the better of the two -- It was clearly intended to be somewhat campy, and it achieved its goal without being annoying. (Samaire Armstrong's channeling of Paris Hilton was extraordinarily amusing to me.)

Big Shots had more eye-candy, but it didn't toe the line between camp and silly nearly as well. The result was so bad that I can't watch again, even for all the Michael Vartan in the world.

Anonymous said...

I am 18 minutes in on the DVR and am afraid my eyes may start bleeding.

dara said...

I'm thinking about watching it on mute. Because, honestly, Michael Vartan is the perfect man. He's the right age, he's a Sagittarius, he speaks fluent French, and he's Jewish.

Anonymous said...

Not a bad idea re: mute. I might still have trouble with the Vartan's-wife-was-cheating-on-him plot, though, because COME ON. It's MICHAEL VARTAN.

dara said...

I know, who would be dumb enough (or blind enough) to do that? Especially with some not-cute old guy that drops dead in the middle of a country club.