I thought I'd use this break in Blogger's total friggin' meltdown to remind everyone that the First Annual blah blah blog Summer Writing Contest deadline is only 9 days away. (Had to check my math on that.)
All entries are due on or before midnight EDT on June 17, which is next Saturday.
Please please please submit your work. I don't want Def Leppard to win by default.
Here are my top 10 reasons why you should submit an entry:
10. Writers are cool, as evidenced by the movie about Truman Capote.
9. In a past life, you were either Scott or Zelda Fitzgerald, and this is your chance to figure out which one.
8. "Eight, Eight, I forget what Eight was for."
7. It's the summer and you're bored. Plus, it means you can stay inside in the air conditioning.
6. Writing is fun, and at a minimum, provides a believable excuse for your alcoholism.
5. You live to amuse me.
4. Maybe some celebrity (Tom Cruise? Brad Pitt? Stephen Baldwin?) will option the screenplay rights to your work.
3. This provides a good excuse to not finish reading the Modern Library's list of the 100 best works of fiction of the 20th century.
2. Xenu told you to do it.
1. Chance to win random prizes.