Monday, June 12, 2006

Scary and funny at the same time

This story about the KKK rallying at Antietam bothered me on a whole bunch of levels, but then I got to the next-to-last paragraph, and just had to laugh.

Said Jeffrey Margolies, a counter-demonstrator from the Jewish motorcycle group Semites on Bikes: "It's disgusting that they would come to sacred ground."

As a Jew, I find the whole concept of "Semites on Bikes" highly amusing. Then I looked at their suggested membership traits and found it even more so:

Semites on Bikes is a group of predominantly jewish bikers . . . riding in the Baltimore & Baltimore County areas of Maryland . . . . Members are non-stereotypical jews who should have at least three of the following traits (though we accept anybody foolish enough to ride with us):

* works with hands
* the closest 695 exit near your home has a numeral less than 18 or greater than 23
* has to lip sync kaddish at funerals...only knows first two words
* has been arrested at least once
* only goes to schul for weddings and bar mitzvahs
* shiksa goddess(god) is synonymous with wife(husband)
* rides a V-Twin cruiser
* bowls
* hunts and/or fishes
* has caused the death of another human
* has a tattoo that won't wash off
* does their own home improvement
* enlisted in the military
* is a right wing conservative

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. They left one important thing off the list: Should have a motorcycle. But maybe that's optional.

The Blonde Menace said...

I read that article and that part made me laugh too, but I didn't see the list of membership traits, that is hilarious!!!

dara said...

Menace, at least they bowl. I'd be worried if they didn't.

And I'm a little bit surprised that they don't list "shooting pool" as one of their things. But maybe that's only something that the non-right-wing-republican-people-killing-jews-on-bikes do.

And Mad, as far as the having a motorcycle thing, I'm sure you don't need your own if you're willing to ride as passenger. I've heard that there is a derogatory term for that.

Personally, I'm a fan of the sidecar.

DSL said...

Isn't that what "rides a V-Twin Cruiser" is for?

dara said...

You can ride without owning, I guess.