Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Chicken or egg?

When I got home last night, I crashed. I was on the verge of making myself dinner, and instead, I went to go lie down, "just for a minute."

Yeah, right. I should know better by now. I don't do short naps.

I wound up sleeping for just over 2.5 hours, while still dressed in my work clothes.

The problem? I woke up, and couldn't fall back to sleep until around 2:30 in the morning.

Of course, now I feel like complete and total crap. And I'm left wondering if the napping was a sign that I was getting sick, or whether it made me sick?


4 comments:

Justin S. said...

Probably not a sign of being sick. Just a sign that you don't get enough sleep.

DSL said...

Being overly tired was probably a sign of some sort. Either you were lacking sleep and were therefore weakened and more vulnerable to viruses or you were were tired because your body was working overtime to resist the virus. Sometimes it seems that you get sick as soon as you are able to finally relax. I don't know if that's coinciental or what. In my opinion, sleeping can only help. It's the best cure for anything. Now I want to go back to bed.

mad said...

Sleeping is good. Not waking up is not good.

dara said...

Justin: You're probably right, especially since I'm feeling better now.

Debby: That's true too. When I was in law school, the minute I finished with exams and got home to my folks house, I'd get sick.

I just don't want to be sick next week while I'm on vacay.

Mad: Sleeping is great. And waking up is pretty important. Still, when you wake up and feel worse, it's not a good thing.