Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Slow news day

Since there's clearly no important local or national news today (*cough *cough), the über-hip and trendy (*cough *cough) Washington Post has an article about the dangers of the new (*cough *cough) trends: body piercing and tattoos.

I mean, who knew you could get an infection?

Um. Most people.

Disclaimer: I have five regular earrings, and a piercing in the cartilage of my left ear. I used to have two more earrings. And, once upon a time, I had a belly-button ring -- way back before I had to wear suits and hose to work, subjecting myself to infection. One of my siblings has other piercings, and both of my siblings have tattoos. (Note: It's not true that they can't be buried in a Jewish cemetery.)

People, it's not that big a deal. You did dumb stuff when you were a teenager/in your early twenties. Kids still do dumb stuff. It's not newsworthy. Move on.


4 comments:

jen said...

i thought the exact same thing! hello, it's a midterm election, you'd think a major dc paper could find some actual news to publish!

dara said...

They're scared. Visions of 2000 and the fear of calling it too soon.

So they talk about nothing -- all day.

I said...

Burial with Tattoo depends on the level of Orthodoxy. If the cemetery is in any way orthodox the tattoos will be removed from the body prior to burial.

Also Major news story of today Britney filed for divorce from Kevin. I wonder if she had the forethought to do it today to try to bury the story.

dara said...

Inbal, no one in my family is getting buried in an Orthodox cemetery, in an Orthodox manner, or in any way that is even vaguely halachic.

I'd bet that Britney has no clue that there's even an election today. If she was counteracting anything, it was the news that she and her soon-to-be-ex lost their sex tape lawsuit.