Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What do you people want from me?

For most of the last week, my sitemeter wasn't functioning. Then all of a sudden, it started working again yesterday, and I got to see all of the random search phrases that lead poor innocent fools to this website. Here's a list of the most interesting ones.
  • "where can you go for knock off purses in DC?" (Baltimore, Maryland)
  • "comma lawsuit" (Santa Barbara, California)
  • "river boca tattoo artist penis youtube" (Roosendall, Netherlands)
  • "oppressed jewish americans" (Memphis, Tennessee)
  • "elementary grammar - comma quiz" (Tacoma, Washington)
  • "crackberry and marriage" (Kailua Kona, Hawaii)
  • "thirty days morgan spurlock jail" (Northfield, Minnesota)
  • "mr jeff collins bills & exchange manager" (UK)
  • "lawyers suck sticker goo goo dolls" (St. Paul, Minnesota)
  • "cosi complaints" (Jersey City, New Jersey)
  • "purse made out of a book" (Massillon, Ohio)
  • "what is the buddhist badge called" (Rawtenstall, U.K.)
  • "i vant to bite your finger" (Manchester, U.K.)
  • "abdominal pain crystal meth" (Renton, Washington)
  • "analysis of the james blunt song "so long, jimmy"" (Queensland, AU)
  • "vomit wool coat" (Dallas, Texas)
  • "dave navarro frye boots" (Sydney, AU)
  • "wegmans kosher bagels manalapan nj" (New York, New York)
  • "wegmans manalapan beer" (Matawan, New Jersey)
  • "march 11 car accident manalapan, nj" (Glen Head, New York)
  • "uf funny t-shirts" (Cupertino, California)
  • "fun sayings "wherever you go there you are"" (Redmond, Washington)
  • "Jim Balsillie his parents born in" (Australia)
  • "Jennifer Nettles tattoo" (Orlando, Florida)
  • "was mc escher ocd?" (Punta Gorda, Florida)
  • "whiny soccer parents" (Fairview, Tennessee)
  • "tattoo, nyquil" (Boston, Massachusetts)
  • "ocd "best week ever" Tom" (Alhambra, California)
  • "quarterback supermodel pregnant" (North America)
  • "Seattle Times peep contest" (Bothell, Washington)
  • "blah blah pancakes" (Brandon, Florida)
  • "into those eyes arctic monkeys lyrics" (Haarlem, Netherlands)
  • "2006 minimum billable hours dechert philadelphia" (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
Actually, there were a bunch of variations on the billable hours/law firm salaries inquiry -- mostly (surprise, surprise!) from New York City.

And, for the record, I know next to nothing about most of these. Well, except for the purse made out of a book, the oppressed Jewish Americans, and the vomit wool coat. I know these all too well, my friends.



4 comments:

anne said...

I truly think this is may be my favorite aspect of blog ownership. People google the STRANGEST things.

dara said...

e.b.: But isn't it weirder that those strange things lead them to you? I mean, someone found my innocent lil' ol' blog when they googled "abdominal pain crystal meth."

anne said...

Yeah I often click on their google search to see how I came up and how they chose my blog to look at. I had someone search for an answer to a cure for a broken heart - I just feel bad for that guy

dara said...

e.b.: Here's the funny thing, though. If you google the phrase "vomit wool coat," I now have the top two results.

Of course, I also have the #2 result if you google "Christian Laettner unicorn." Go figure.