Friday, May 19, 2006

Things that made me smile today

I worked late again tonight. But at least I have the internet to keep me amused while I wait for my cab.

So, here's my list of the 10 most fun things I've seen today:

1. Save Sean Preston. They even have t-shirts.
2. Fun with NSA wiretaps: First, a Q&A; then the top 10 signs they're spying on you.
3. How to ruin a marriage with text messaging.
4. "Ten Things I Hate About Commandments" (via Boing Boing)
5. Weenie Beenie finally gets some love.
6. Muppets Take Museum. Yes, folks, just in time for their 50th anniversary, the Muppets get an exhibit at the Smithsonian.
7. My site of the week, Urban Dictionary. You can look anything up here, and I do mean anything.
8. At least Virginia is best in something.
9. The 'G-sting' scandal. Who knew that Las Vegas strip clubs could be this scandalous?
10. How to prepare for the Brangelina baby:
Is the Brangelina baby better than me? The only way to answer this is directly and honestly. Tell them: Yes, the Brangelina baby is better than you. But Mommy and Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa all love you very, very much. Less than they love the Brangelina baby, but with as much of their hearts still available.

Now I can go home and go to sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for working late and providing some cultural awareness! I've come to depend on you as an arbiter of all things new and/or weird.

dara said...

Alas, the working late has nothing to do with the blog. :)

The weird stuff is what I find when I'm (a) eatling lunch at my desk (b) eating dinner at my desk or (c) reading my email.

Hopefully, it provides ideas for your haiku".

Anonymous said...

Love these articles. Corruption in Vegas? Puh. :o)~ That place reeks with corruption, nastiest place I ever lived. It was the worse five years of my life in that god-forsaken crap hole town. Great job! Bravo!