Saturday, July 01, 2006

Boy, were the Nats super-fantastic tonight . . .

. . . if you're a Devil Rays Fan!

I was in a slightly pissy mood to begin with, but then I went to the baseball game. Of course, the Nationals had to go and lose 11-1 against Tampa Bay.

In cavernous RFK stadium, Tampa FRIGGIN' Bay hit FIVE home runs. Four of them were 2-run home runs. And, to add insult to injury, the paid attendance was under 22,000, on what was otherwise a delightful evening.

On the plus side, I win an empanada if the Devil Rays finish higher in the American League East than the Orioles.

Anyway, here are the pictures I took right before the Nats scored their only run:



1 comment:

KILROY_60 said...

Hard to believe it's been 20 years since I say Dylan, Tom Petty and The Dead at RFK. Those were the days before DC was an armed camp and you could enjoy. So goes life.

Sorry about that, my train of thought got derailed. THIS is what I wanted to let you know...

Published a new post today that includes a link to you in the current (2nd) installment of A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere. Have a great holiday.

Kilroy_60
www.KilroyFearAndLoathing.blogspot.com
With Liberty And Justice For All...