Thursday, September 28, 2006

Blog Voyeurism

I'm beginning to think that these new anonymous blogs where people post their secrets, or confess to their sins are a bit unhealthy. At least there's some intrinsic artistic value to PostSecret -- but these others are just plain voyeurism.

They make me feel so dirty.

And, at any rate, I could probably find something more productive to do.

And honestly, I'd feel better about confessing my sins to Stephen Colbert. I should probably do that before sundown on Sunday, though.



4 comments:

Miss Scarlet said...

I'm so over Post Secret and anything like it.

dara said...

I still like PostSecret -- the artistic portion of it makes up for the voyeuristic aspect. When that stops, though, I'm sure I'll find it as creepy as the other sites.

Miss Scarlet said...

I just feel like the majority of them now are written to sound a certain way. I always read them in a super dramatic, fake voice.

dara said...

I totally get that.

Then again, how else would a secret written on an artsy postcard sound?

And I always wonder how many of them are "real" -- whatever that means.