Friday, September 08, 2006

Celebrity News

While we're all glued to the internet on the Britney Spears baby watch, there are a couple other interesting stories to note.

First, Paris Hilton said that all the media attention on her recent drunk driving incident hurts her feelings. I didn't know that she had feelings, but that's besides the point. It's okay for her to use the media to manipulate her way from rich heiress to talentless celebrity, but it's not okay for the press to report the news of her arrest?

Paris, STFU and deal. I'm sure you'll forget all about it in ten minutes when you buy yourself the next pink-and-sparkly toy. And, while you're at it, count your blessings. Some of us have to actually work for a living.

Second, check out Bill Maher's article in Salon about how mocking President Bush is his patriotic duty.

Amid all the 9/11 anniversary talk about what will keep us safe, let me suggest that in a world turned hostile to America, the smartest message we can send to those beyond our shores is, "We're not with stupid." Therefore, I contend -- with all seriousness -- that ridiculing this president is now the most patriotic thing you can do.

I love this dude.

Finally, and least importantly, check out the Washington Post Express's timely piece on Dawson's Creek: Where are they now?, because, in all the Suri Cruise madness, people have really forgotten way back when Katie Holmes dated Joshua Jackson, and not just in the Joey-dumped-Dawson-for-Pacey way.

3 comments:

jinx protocol said...

A chink in the armor! Yes! I didn't know anything would hurt her feelings. I didn't even know she had feelings, except ambivalence.

Miss Scarlet said...

I love Pacey!

dara said...

Jinx: I thought she was a robot heiress. They're like, so hot.

Scarlet: Me too. I think that's because he was so wounded.