Sunday, September 03, 2006

Today was a good day

It was a really good day today.

First the Nationals won two games in a row -- on the same day. Too bad no one was actually in the stadium to see it. But it was fun anyway. And I'm going back to see them try to sweep the Diamondbacks tomorrow -- and then to see them against the Cardinals on Monday. After that, I'm only scheduled to go to three more games this season, but we'll see how often I wind up going with other people -- although, as much as I love baseball I personally think 21 games is more than enough for a whole season. I stand by my earlier comment that I don't think I will do the whole season ticket thing again next year.

Then I got home and took a nap. Mmm. I love naps.

Then I woke up and listened to Dave Navarro's radio interview with Ryan Star. Awesome.

Finally, I watched the last two episodes of the first season of Veronica Mars, and the first episode of the second season. I am now, officially, hooked. Still, I haven't yet figured out which side I'm taking on the whole Logan v. Duncan debate. Eh, whatever.

5 comments:

NotCarrie said...

I just love the stars on your blog.



And I'm thinking I need to check out Veronica Mars again. It didn't get me when I tried it at first, but EVERYONE seems to love it.

dara said...

When I was watching the first couple episodes, I didn't really get what all the fuss was. Sort of Nancy Drew meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Eh. But the show got much better as the first season progressed. And -- through the first four episodes -- the second season is at least equally good. So I'd recommend it.

MissMuse said...

Hey thanks for your comment! I can certainly imagine worse songs to have stuck in my head than Love Untold! :D Speaking of songs stuck in your head, I've been battling the SexyBack demons lately, myself. :/

Oh, and I too would love to meet Bono. When I write about him, you might want to settle into a comfy chair before you read *that* piece. :)

Kilroy_60 said...

You have so much fruit here ripe for the picking...I will be back soon to pick up bloggable material for Fear and Loathing - The Gonzo Papers.

Could you please update my link? I lost my last blogspot in some type of Blogger Archive Hell. So, I'm working on the new one while moving postings from the original a bit at a time.

I'll look forward to you stopping by, write a few comments for me and let me know the link is updated.

However many empty seats there are when you go to see the Nats, emember...you could be in Pittsburgh and have most the stadium to yourself!

Kilroy_60 said...

I was moving on and stopped to look at this posting once more. Nap caught my eye.

When I lived in Arlington, Virginia, I used to frequent Whitey's. Do you know of it? On Sunday morning they would serve breakfast until late morning as I recall...which begged for draft beer flowing freely. Afteward, my roommate would usually go on his way. I would stay as the lunch menu began being served. I prefer bottled beer with lunch, Heineken being a particular favorite. Later in the day, my roommate would invariably find me asleep in the couch. I'm not sure, does that count as a nap?