Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Rock Star follow-up

As usual, I was so right -- and yet, so wrong -- about tonight's Rock Star finale.

It was like watching a car crash.

First to go was Magni -- not enough of a band leader, too much of a band member. Next, Toby -- not "edgy" enough. And then, unsurprisingly, they picked Lukas over Dilana -- blaming the fans.

Eh, whatever.

Coincidentally, the new band got together to play the new original songs they previously played with Toby and Magni. Needless to say, I liked them better with Toby and Magni.

I guess I won't be buying the Supernova (or whatever) album. But I'd consider buying anything released by Storm, Magni, or Toby. And I already downloaded Ryan's song from i-Tunes.

So, there you go.

F*ck 'em.



Update: Forget about my thoughts and just read TVGasm's recap.

1 comment:

dara said...

Tracy, I've decided that it doesn't mattter. I don't need to buy Supernova's CD if I don't like their music. I mean, despite being a Motley Crue fan in my youth, it's not like I was rushing out to buy their latest stuff -- or, for that matter, Tommy Lee's solo work.

I do still love Dave Navarro. But he has nothing to do with the band.

The most important thing is that we spent the summer finding out about new artists that we do like (for me it's Ryan, Storm, Toby, and Magni) and whose CD's we would potentially buy.