Monday, September 11, 2006

Changing the soundtrack

I went to go watch football with some friends tonight, and we flipped over to watch the President's speech. Note that I said "watch" because that's what we did -- we muted it and listened to Wesley Willis's "I Wupped Batman's Ass" as the soundtrack.



It was quite silly. Kind of like this, but more surreal.

Then, thanks to Justin, we listened to various selections from Dictionaraoke during much of the rest of the second half.

The Redskins still lost, but not like I really care. I only root for them when it's good for my fantasy score. And, it was kind of fun to watch the cameras focusing in on Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes sitting in the owner's box with pained looks on their faces as they pretended to care. Good show.

4 comments:

MissMuse said...

Have I mentioned how much I love the title of your blog?

dara said...

No, but thanks. I'm starting to think that it's not particularly original.

mad said...

We like to turn off the sound during the Prez's speeches and make up our own speech, but it's only really funny when everyone is drunk.

dara said...

We were not all drunk and this was still very funny. Wesley Willis makes a great weird soundtrack to just about anything.