Saturday, September 09, 2006

10,000

We're on the verge of something momentous here at the blah blah blog-- the 10,000th page view. As I type this, the counter sits at 9,951. So, unless the site crashes before then, or some other unforseen event occurs, sometime tomorrow, someone will be visitor # 10,000.

Not to discount the importance of the other 9,999, but 10,000 seems very important. It's a round number. And it's big. But mostly, it's a round number -- and thanks to the OCD, I really like round numbers.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who reads my crap. 'Cause it's really about that. I mean, when I started this online journal thing back in February, I really didn't expect to enjoy it as much, or to find the wherewithal to continue. But I found out that I really like the dialogue aspect of it -- the blog as a conversation with the readers -- but mostly among the commenters - -with me as a sort-of moderator.

So thanks. The first 10,000 have been fun. Can't wait to see what the next 10,000 have to say.



Update: Here it is, the 10,000th visitor:


According to Site Meter, the visit came from San Francisco at 8:05 p.m. on September 10, and was referred here by Above the Law.

2 comments:

Beakerz said...

Is there a winner to the 10,000th? ;)

dara said...

You're all winners to me. :P

No, seriously, if someone takes a screencap of being #10,000 and sends it to me, I'll post it and give them credit.