Sunday, August 27, 2006

Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows

I just got back from the Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows show out at Nissan Pavillion.* The Counting Crows' set was a little mellow for my taste, but as always, the Goo Goo Dolls played an incredible show.

Let me start by telling you how much I love the Goo Goo Dolls. Forget about the fact that I actually own all of their albums -- even the ones from before anyone knew who they were -- I once saw them three times in various places in Florida during the same tour. Twice in one week. In fact, they are now, officially, the band that I've seen the most live.

And, yes, they are one of my all time favorite bands -- right up there with U2, Bon Jovi, and the Cure.

Anyway -- even though I'm sure Inbal's pictures will be better than mine, since I only had my camera phone -- here are my pictures:





And here are two little video snippets. As usual, the quality is very bad:







So, now I'm reconsidering starting a blog campaign to get a date with John Rzeznik. What do you think?



* Yes, the traffic was horrible. We didn't get out of the parking lot until 12:15, and god only knows what time we actually got onto I-66. But at this point, I know that it's just part of the deal and that it's a waste to even complain about it. So, instead, I just stopped planning on going out there on a weeknight.

9 comments:

Justin S. said...

I guess the nicest thing I can do with respect to the Goo Goo Dolls is not comment.

dara said...

Really? Because this seems like a smartass comment to me.

Whatever. Taste is subjective.

Scooter McGavin said...

I'm a huge Counting Crows fan, but I'll concede some of their music doesn't always traslate live.

As for the date with J.R., go ahead and try it. It worked for a film student who made a documentary out of trying (and suceeding) to get a date with Drew Barrimore.

Scooter McGavin's 9th Green

Anonymous said...

I saw the Counting Crows years ago when they opened for the Rolling Stones at RFK. They put on a good show, don't they? I've never seen the Goo Goo Dolls but I'd love to ... and I've yet to see a show at the Nissan Pavillion. Hope you had a good time!

dara said...

Scooter: I'm a pretty big Counting Crows fan, too, but after getting all pumped up by the Goo Goo Dolls, I kind of wished that their set was a little more peppy and a little less mellow. Still, the music was fantastic.

JM- The Goo Goo Dolls put on one of the best live shows. John has the best rapport with the audience -- he just comes across as someone that would be so cool to kick back and have a beer or two with.

Beakerz said...

Aw cool! I almost went tonight too. Glad you did and got some footage.

dara said...

Needtsza: I just need to start remembering to take my real camera with me. Especially when I have halfway decent seats. These cameraphone pictures are sh*t.

Ryane said...

I haven't ever seen either of these bands--boo! But I have heard that GG Dolls are great live. And Counting Crows, for that matter. But did it really take that long to get out??

dara said...

Ryane, the parking lot was a zoo, and it really did take that long to get out. Then, we were stuck in traffic all the way to I-66. I didn't get into my house until around 1:30.