Friday, August 18, 2006

Macacagate update

So, I was reading George Allen's blog today, and he makes a pretty good point about why everyone's overreacting to macacagate. His argument is very convincing.

That pie chart says that only 56% of you are aware of the comments I made to my opponent's Indian volunteer.

***

And this one says that only 2/3 of those familiar my comments think they were inappropriate. And what's two-thirds of 56%?

Thirty-seven point five percent. My friends, that's a minority opinion. It's a them opinion. I encourage the remaining 62.5% of you to put this little blip behind you and return a proud American with real American values to the U.S. Senate.




What?

You mean it's not really George Allen?

I feel so used.

3 comments:

Justin S. said...

Not to mention the use of "fuzzy math."

That's like saying I cheated on a test once, and 99.99999999% of the people in the world don't know about it, so 99.9999999% of the people in the world think it's ok that I cheated on a test.

HomeImprovementNinja said...

Well, that assumes that the 44% who don't know about it would approve of the remarks.

Is that really a fake website? It looks like something he would say.

dara said...

Justin: If a tree cheats on a test in the forest, would anyone care?

Ninja, it's way too clever to be real. Besides, like Felix would know which button to push.