Sunday, August 13, 2006

Weekend activities

Fifteen things I did this weekend:

  1. Went grocery shopping for the first time in almost a month.
  2. Dropped stuff off at Goodwill.
  3. Had people over for dinner, made a lasagne.
  4. Laundry, lots of laundry. I'm still doing laundry.
  5. Watched 30 Days while doing laundry.
  6. Ate a bison burger and saw Pirates of the Caribbean. As noted below, it was good, not great.
  7. Stumbled across this little work of art, courtesy of Perez Hilton.
  8. Went to the Nats game and saw them lose to the Mets. This only exacerbated my hatred of the Mets.
  9. Did not get a Screech bobblehead, since they were only for kids. Eventually decided that it was not in my best interest to steal one from a child.
  10. Wished that the Nats had really good promotions like the Newark Bears -- who host "Scientology Night" and, as previously mentioned, Britney Spears Baby Safety Night.
  11. Realized that is not really all that funny.
  12. Accepted that Ask Yahoo was right about the fact that there's only about 12 minutes of action in an entire baseball game.
  13. Watched Memoirs of a Geisha. It was really good. Not really a guy flick, though.
  14. Thought about getting a tattoo, but mostly because I stumbled across an episode of Miami Ink while doing yet another load of laundry.
  15. Paid bills.
Ultimately, what this all boils down to is that I realized that even a three day weekend is not quite long enough.

4 comments:

Jason said...

These two little bastard kids in front of me fully decked out in matching Mets outfits got a bobblehead and I didn't. I was LIVID.

I. Hate. The Mets.

dara said...

I was pretty annoyed about the bobblehead situation. At some point, I started pointing out each and every childless person with one. There was also a family in front of us with one kid and two bobbleheads. I was pretty annoyed.

Besides, bobbleheads aren't reallly a kids' toy.

I can't even write about how much I hate the Mets and Mets fans. I really shouldn't hate them, though -- 60% of my family are Mets fans.

Anonymous said...

Yeah at first I thought those Screech bobbleheads were going to be of 'Saved By the Bell' Screech, not the tubby chicken mascot!

dara said...

I didn't care which Screech it was.

I'm in a group with season tickets for the second year now, and I think my hard earned money should have gotten me a bobblehead, regardless of whether I have a kid. This is clearly evidence of a bias against childless people. I think we should band together in protest.