Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Standing on a beach with a gun in my hand, staring at the sea, staring at the sand . . .

. . . The Cure, Killing an Arab

I don't know why everyone is so impressed that President Bush read The Stranger on his summer vacation. I mean, if I could read it in high school, he can certainly read it now that he's 60. I'd only be impressed if he read it in the original French.

Besides, reading is not the same as understanding.

More significantly, is anyone else bothered by the sheer coincidence that the book is about killing an Arab?

(For a more humorous interpretation, check out Salon for the president's book report. And yes, it's definitely worth sitting through the ad.)

Speaking of el Presidente, the good folks over at Bring it On! think that this video is discreetly making fun of him. What do you think?

No comments: